When disaster strikes, time is of the essence, especially in the case of extreme flooding. Emergency services must be provided quickly, compassionately and efficiently. The state of Louisiana faced this challenge when a Disaster Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (D-SNAP) was enacted after flooding throughout several parishes. D-SNAP provides food assistance to low-income households with food loss or damage caused by a natural disaster. It was imperative that the state be able to provide timely service while handling a large call volume from residents who needed food, shelter, and aid in disaster relief response.
Search for a Solution
Louisiana had contracted with Ansafone several months before the flooding disaster and subsequent enacting of the D-SNAP. Knowing that time would be a critical factor in responding to any natural disaster, Ansafone developed an agent training program that could be implemented quickly. The program emphasized soft skills so agents could respond to disaster victims with utmost empathy. The solution also included procedures and processes that could be easily adapted in response to the state’s needs.
Ansafone quickly responded to the disaster by bringing on more than 200 employees within three business days, extending hours of operation and providing weekend hours in order to serve everyone affected by the flooding.
Ansafone’s streamlined processes allowed call center agents to not only onboard quickly, but also operate at maximum efficiency and effectiveness in order to help disaster victims.
- Information management: Scripting tools were developed to help quickly find the answers to FAQ’s. As new information became available, scripts were updated, and everything was quickly distributed to agents through Ansafone’s Employee Portal CSR Alerts and Interaction Desktop Alerts. Real-time updates were critical in helping disaster victims.
- Coordination of assistance sties: Agents supplied critical information to callers about where to get assistance and helped them complete pre-registration forms. Having these documents completed before arriving on site helped reduce wait times and ensure victims received assistance quickly.
- Customer Experience: Being sensitive to the callers’ unique situations, Ansafone deployed new ININ features that included “hold your place in line” and callback features that provided another level of convenience in communication.
- Government Reporting: Ansafone provided real-time reporting to state and federal officials on an hourly basis.
- Cost control: When the State encountered budgetary needs Ansafone promptly responded to the state’s budgetary requirements and provided a daily budget tracker to manage costs.
Results & Benefits Of Disaster Relief
Ansafone focused on delivering solutions to help disaster victims quickly and compassionately. With this vision, they provided innovations that resulted in Quality Assurance scores at 97 percent overall. Callers received stellar customer service that was widely praised by state staff.
As with many of its clients, Ansafone went above and beyond to work hand-in-hand as a partner with the state of Louisiana. Ansafone understood the critical deliverables in this situation and responded accordingly with solutions that were swift, adaptable and customer-centric.