When a small retail company that started in the family garage suddenly became one of the country’s fast-growing enterprises, it faced both immediate and long-term challenges. First, the company needed to manage increasing call volumes while resolving a back log of customer support issues. Secondly, it needed a contact center solution that would serve the business, its retailers and customers into the future. This is a prime example of how an experienced answering service can help immensely.
Search for a Solution
The direct sales company, which was built on a home-based business model, was experiencing hold times in excess of 2 hours. Because current staffing levels were not sufficient to keep up with call volumes, the abandonment rate was 80 percent of calls. In other words, the company was missing out on hundreds of potential sales while their retailers waited months for inventory.
Ansafone was hired to not only provide immediate assistance, but also help the client determine a long-term contact center solution.
- Partnership: Ansafone and the client worked side-by-side to hire agents who could successfully represent the company and support its brand, while also being knowledgeable about its distinctive product and business model.
- Increase bandwidth: Ansafone became a seamless extension of the company by working completely in the client environment. Agents were trained on the client’s products and inventory processes in order to help manage and resolve customer calls quickly and effectively.
- Forward thinking: Ansafone positioned the client for further future success by sharing their years of B-2-C experience, including best practices, policies, processes and more.
- Redundancy: Ansafone also helped establish contact center redundancy solutions to ensure that business could continue uninterrupted in the case of systems failure.
Results & Benefits of An Answering Service
By providing the expanded bandwidth the client required, Ansafone was able to help the company navigate through a challenging time. Rather than a hinderance, the business’ unprecedented growth became an opportunity for further success. Retailer, customer and shipping bottlenecks were resolved, while KPI’s were restored – and exceeded targets – within the first 30 days of contract.
- Within the first quarter, Ansafone’s performance and quality lead to agreement for the staffing count to be increased by two and a half times the initial size.
- An average daily volume of approximately 500 calls was managed successfully.
- Service levels were restored to 85 percent.
- Average speed of answer remained steady at 25 seconds.