When a cyber security incident at a global credit reporting and monitoring company rendered more than 2 million U.S. consumers’ personal data vulnerable to theft, the company was faced with the challenge of providing high-quality customer service under difficult circumstances. The breach, which included names, Social Security numbers, birth dates, addresses and, in some instances, driver’s license numbers, became national news. While investigators worked to discover the full effect of the unauthorized file access, the company prepared for record call volumes amid growing consumer concerns and an evolving situation. This is where an answering service can add massive value.
Search for a Solution
The company quickly provided a website to help consumers determine if their information had been impacted and offered free credit file monitoring and identity theft protection. A dedicated call center open 7 days-a-week was also established, and the firm contracted numerous contact center agencies to not only manage high call volumes, but also provide urgent information to concerned callers. The ideal contact center partner would need to be able to provide many trained agents in a short amount of time.
“We have great surge capabilities. We have the experience and know-how to keep up with incredible call volume.”
-Joseph Foss, Ansafone Integration and Client Success Strategist
Solution – Answering Service
When Ansafone was contacted to help, it relied on past experience in similar situations to provide both the quantity and quality of agents necessary for a successful project.
- Having responded to other cyber security breaches, as well as several natural disasters, Ansafone was able to respond quickly. Within a matter of days, 179 agents were onboarded.
- Ansafone handled an average 6,000 – 7,000 calls per day and more than 75,000 calls over the course of the 15-day campaign
- On the campaign’s busiest day, Ansafone answered more than 8,000 calls, which was three times the client’s regular daily volume.
- Ansafone installed agents who were experienced in delivering a client message with sincerity and empathy, even in a fluid situation with developing information.
Ansafone successfully provided a temporary solution the client needed in order to manage a difficult situation and return as quickly as possible to business as usual.
Results & Benefits of An Answering Service
When an unexpected situation required many experienced agents, Ansafone successfully delivered with nimble, flexible and quality service that exceeded client expectations and goals
- With a 3.8 percent abandon rate, Ansafone proved it could handle high call volumes while simultaneously providing great customer service (the client goal was under 5 percent)
- More than 90 percent of calls were answered within the targeted wait time (client goal was 80 percent).
- Average talk time was under 4 minutes (client goal was 5 minutes).